Re: [HACKERS] All things equal, we are still alot slower then MySQL?

От José Soares
Тема Re: [HACKERS] All things equal, we are still alot slower then MySQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Chris Bitmead ha scritto:

> > I am told we are the same as Ingres, and slower than Oracle with no -F,
> > and faster than Oracle with -F.
>
> What is "-F"?

from man postgres:
   -F     Disable an automatic fsync() call after each trans­             action.   This  option improves performance,
butan             operating system crash while a  transaction  is  in             progress  may  cause  the loss of the
mostrecently             entered data. Without the fsync() call the data  is             buffered  by  the  operating
system,and written to             disk sometime later.

José