[BUGS] Float value 'Infinity' is cast to numeric 1 on Windows

От Taiki Kondo
Тема [BUGS] Float value 'Infinity' is cast to numeric 1 on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi all,

I build PostgreSQL 9.6.5 by Visual Studio 2013 on Windows, I found weird behavior on it.

I execute following SQL, occurring ERROR is expected, but I got mysterious value 1.

postgres=# select (float8 'inf')::numeric;
 numeric
---------
       1
(1 row)

On Windows, at least Visual Studio, the string of float/double value meaning
infinity is "1.#INF" not "inf". So, set_var_from_str() called from float8_numeric()
in utils/adt/numeric.c will return numeric value 1, and no one checks this situation.

This situation is also occurring by cast from float4.

I wrote a patch to add check this situation.
Please find attached.

Sincerely,

--
Taiki Kondo