Re: Performance Test for PostgreSQL9

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Performance Test for PostgreSQL9
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, 2011-03-02 at 13:19 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 10:26 PM, Selva manickaraja <mavles78@gmail.com> wrote:
> > We have installed PostgreSQL9 and setup standby(s). Now we have to test the
> > performance before we migrate all the data from Informix. The PostgreSQL9
> > that we installed is the Linux version from EnterpriseDB which runs on Red
> > Hat. The documentation on PostgreSQL website shows that we have gmake from
> > source. So for that purpose we downloaded the source into a UBuntu machine
> > to gmake and install it. But UBuntu on the other hand complaints that it
> > can't find gmake. So looks like we are stuck here.
>
> I am a bit confused.  Why would you need to install from source
> instead of using an installer (either from EnterpriseDB or installing
> via apt-get)?

To be rude but honest. If you can't solve that problem you really should
contract with someone to help you with your performance tests because
you are not going to be able to adequately tune PostgreSQL for a proper
test.

That said, the reason you can't find make is that you don't have the
proper development tools installed.

+1 to what Robert said.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake