Re: CVSROOT: remerge earthdistance back into pgql-server/contrib and move

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: CVSROOT: remerge earthdistance back into pgql-server/contrib and move
Дата
Re: CVSROOT: remerge earthdistance back into  ("Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-committers
Sean Chittenden <chitt@speakeasy.net> writes:
>> remerge earthdistance back into pgql-server/contrib and move
>> pgsql-server to pgsql

> Ugh, this is going to create a *HUGE* headache for many developers.

If you had a problem with it, you should have spoken up earlier when
it was being discussed.

> I think a message to announce@ would be justified with some helpful bits
> of advice such as the following:

I agree that it needs to be announced, but it would be sufficient to
tell people to do a fresh checkout.  This business of sed'ing changes
into your CVS/Repository files seems pretty error-prone to me.