Re: FDW API: don't like the EXPLAIN mechanism

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: FDW API: don't like the EXPLAIN mechanism
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Andrew Dunstan's message of lun feb 21 13:11:25 -0300 2011:

> If we allow the invention of new explain states we'll never be able to
> publish an authoritative schema definition of the data. That's not
> necessarily an argument against doing it, just something to be aware of.
> Maybe we don't care about having EXPLAIN XML output validated.

The alternative seems to be to let this information proliferate in free
form (say as text inside some other node), which may be even less convenient.

Сообщение: Re: FDW API: don't like the EXPLAIN mechanism
Сообщение: Re: FDW API: don't like the EXPLAIN mechanism