Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix blatantly uninitialized variable in recent commit.

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix blatantly uninitialized variable in recent commit.
Дата
Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Fix blatantly uninitialized variable in recent commit.  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2011-02-17 at 00:53 +0000, Tom Lane wrote:

> Doesn't anybody around here pay attention to compiler warnings?

If you see one, then I accept one was there. I didn't see one, and a
full make distclean and re-compile doesn't show a compiler warning for
that either. So I guess I'm doing something wrong, on this platform:

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, with commands for development:
./configure --enable-cassert --enable-depend --enable-debug
make -j4

The compile output has been somewhat dirty of late, with various
messages, which if nothing else indicated to me that fairly strict
warnings were enabled... though I guess not.

In file included from gram.y:12758:
scan.c: In function ‘yy_try_NUL_trans’:
scan.c:16256: warning: unused variable ‘yyg’
elog.c: In function ‘write_console’:
elog.c:1702: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result
elog.c: In function ‘write_pipe_chunks’:
elog.c:2395: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result
elog.c:2404: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result
common.c: In function ‘handle_sigint’:
common.c:247: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result
common.c:250: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result
common.c:251: warning: ignoring return value of ‘write’, declared with
attribute warn_unused_result

-- Simon Riggs           http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services