Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/lib/libedit/?sortby=date

> > And a third who periodically packages that at http://www.thrysoee.dk/editline/
>
> I'm really confused between libedit and libeditline. They both appear
> to be in Debian and I think they both trace their lineage to the
> original BSD library. Was one the NetBSD maintained one and the other
> the "upstream"?
>
> > I find it hard to get excited about working to replace the software that has
> > a reasonable license here (readline) rather than trying to eliminate
> > dependence on the one with an unreasonable license (OpenSSL).
>
> Personally I find there are plenty of technical reasons to run
> screaming from OpenSSL anyways.

Maybe we really should consider moving to NSS insread?

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/

If it solves the license problem, it is well supported etc..

JD

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage
Сообщение: Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage