Re: XMin Hot Standby Feedback patch

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: XMin Hot Standby Feedback patch
Дата
Re: XMin Hot Standby Feedback patch  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2011-02-12 at 14:11 -0800, Daniel Farina wrote:
> This is another bit of the syncrep patch split out.
>
> I will revisit the replication timeout one Real Soon, I promise -- but
> I have a couple things to do today that may delay that until the
> evening.
>
> https://github.com/fdr/postgres/commit/ad3ce9ac62f0e128d7d1fd20d47184f867056af1
>
> Context diff supplied here.

Greg just tipped me off to this thread a few hours ago. I saw your other
work on timeouts which looks good.

I've reworked this feature myself, and its roughly the same thing you
have posted, so I will just add on to this thread. The major change from
my earlier patch is that the logic around setting xmin on the master is
considerably tighter, and correctly uses locking.

Patch attached, no docs yet, but the patch is clear.

I'm looking to commit this in next 24 hours barring objections and/or
test failures.

> Note that this information is not exposed via catalog in the original
> syncrep patch, and is not here. Do we want that kind of reporting?

Probably, but its a small change and will conflict with other work for
now.

--
 Simon Riggs           http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books/

Вложения