Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Debian readline/libedit breakage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2011-02-11 at 14:59 +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 06:04:46PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > Less narrow-minded interpretation of GPL requirements, perhaps.
> > (And yes, we have real lawyers on staff considering these issues.)
>
> Is their opinion public/can be made public?  This might possibly lead to
> a re-evaluation of the situation by Debian.

I certainly hope so. Although, what I question is... Did Debian seek
legal advice? Debian does have a corporation of which I am a director
for. Software in the Public Interest. I don't recall a legal request
coming through from the DPL?

> > If Debian want to shoot themselves in the foot like that, we can't
> > stop them
>
> BTW, that change has been merged into Ubuntu and will be (as of now) in
> the next Ubuntu release.

Yeah see, that is something that raises my red-alert bells. As popular
as Debian is, the "user" population is squarely in Ubuntu world and that
has some serious public implications as a whole.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor