Re: Range Types

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: Range Types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 18:23 +0100, Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> I would think
>
>   CREATE TYPE foo AS RANGE (bar) USING (btree_ops);
>
> The USING clause is optional, because you generally have a default btree
> opclass for the datatype.

There are other options, like "CANONICAL", so where do those fit?

If CREATE TYPE already has an options list, it seems a little strange to
add grammar to support this feature. "USING" doesn't seem to mean a lot,
except that we happen to use it in other contexts to mean "operator
class".

Regards,Jeff Davis