Re: Write-heavy pg_stats_collector on mostly idle server

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Write-heavy pg_stats_collector on mostly idle server
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 14:58 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> >> Anyone seen anything like this before?
> >>

> > it is the expected behavior, IIRC
>
> OK.  It just seems kind of pathological for stats file writing to be 10X
> the volume of data writing.  I see why it's happening, but I think it's
> something we should fix.

I don't think it is expected. As I recall, it is something we fixed a
couple of major versions back (8.2?). It used to be that stats would
write every 500ms. We changed that to when they are asked for (via a
select from the table or something). Specifically because it could cause
this type of problem.

Am I thinking of something else?

I remember going back and forth with tgl about this, tgl?

JD

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

Сообщение: Re: Write-heavy pg_stats_collector on mostly idle server
Сообщение: Re: Write-heavy pg_stats_collector on mostly idle server