Re: Subquery for column names of tablefunc crosstab queries

От markw
Тема Re: Subquery for column names of tablefunc crosstab queries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks Joe

I'm very much learning as I go.

I've followed your example from top to bottom - your sample code works -
however its not clear to me how to execute the generate_crosstab_sql
function to produce the results in one single step.

I've tried this:

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW mycrosstabresults AS select * FROM (SELECT
generate_crosstab_sql('mytable',
                             'rowid',
                             'text',
                             'rowdt::date',
                             'temperature',
                             'int',
                             '1 = 1')) as crosstabresults;

but this simply populates the view with the string below, not the actual
crosstab results.

SELECT * FROM crosstab ('SELECT rowid,rowdt::date,temperature FROM
mytable WHERE 1 = 1 ORDER BY
1,2','VALUES($v$2003-03-01$v$),($v$2003-03-02$v$),($v$2003-03-03$v$)')
AS (rowid
text,"2003-03-01" int,"2003-03-02" int,"2003-03-03" int)

Is it possible to incorporate and execute this string, all within my CREATE
OR REPLACE VIEW statement?

I would appreciate any help you can give.

Many thanks