Re: Error code for "terminating connection due to conflict with recovery"

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Error code for "terminating connection due to conflict with recovery"
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 07:35 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> >> Yeah, that was in the back of my mind too.  "DROP DATABASE foo FORCE",
> >> maybe?
> >
> > I have to think some people would find that useful.
>
> Yes.
>
> If nothing else, it would save some typing :-)

I like it also. It allows me to get rid of the concept of "non-retryable
recovery conflicts", so we just have one code path that works in both
normal mode and standby. Sweet.

Here's the basic patch, will work on the refactoring if no objections.

--
 Simon Riggs           http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books/

Вложения