Re: hashed subplan 5000x slower than two sequential operations

От masterchief
Тема Re: hashed subplan 5000x slower than two sequential operations
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Tom Lane wrote:
>
> The only really effective way the planner knows to optimize an
> "IN (sub-SELECT)" is to turn it into a semi-join, which is not possible
> here because of the unrelated OR clause.  You might consider replacing
> this with a UNION of two scans of "contexts".  (And yes, I know it'd be
> nicer if the planner did that for you.)

In moving our application from Oracle to Postgres, we've discovered that a
large number of our reports fall into this category.  If we rewrite them as
a UNION of two scans, it would be quite a big undertaking.  Is there a way
to tell the planner explicitly to use a semi-join (I may not grasp the
concepts here)?  If not, would your advice be to hunker down and rewrite the
queries?