Re: pgsql: Exit from base backups when shutdown is requested

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: pgsql: Exit from base backups when shutdown is requested
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Fri, 2011-01-14 at 11:37 +0000, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Exit from base backups when shutdown is requested
>
> When the exit waits until the whole backup completes, it may take
> a very long time.
>
> In passing, add back an error check in the main loop so we detect
> clients that disconnect much earlier if the backup is large.

Please make that the last commit in this area for next week.

I want to get a base from which to solidify the sync rep code, and
associated patches.

I'm not saying there will be a code clash, but there may be a clash of
detail or intention that will make life more difficult for testing.

Thanks,

--
 Simon Riggs           http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books/