Re: BUG #15350: Getting invalid cache ID: 11 Errors

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #15350: Getting invalid cache ID: 11 Errors
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
=?utf-8?q?PG_Bug_reporting_form?= <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> We're using 10.5 with parallel queries enabled and the config options
> #max_worker_processes = 8
> #max_parallel_workers_per_gather = 2
> #max_parallel_workers = 8

> I'm seeing invalid cache ID: 11 errors in the log. It's only happening
> occasionally (15 times today on a not very busy system).

Interesting.  Syscache 11 would be AUTHOID, which seems to be consulted
mostly for privilege checks, though there's at least one reference
during process startup.

> I've been following
> the thread about making windowing functions et al parallel restricted - Is
> this another manifestation of the problem?

No, I don't think it's that.  We've seen a couple of reports of similar
failures referencing cache 42, but this is a new symptom.

> I also don't see how to create a test case sorry.

Don't suppose you'd be prepared to recompile PG to turn that ERROR into
a PANIC, and then capture a stack trace from the core dump next time
it happens?