Re: Streaming replication as a separate permissions

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Streaming replication as a separate permissions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2010-12-27 at 12:00 +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> >> The "integrated base backup", once we have that, that's based on the
> >> walsender protocol? yes.
> >> pg_dump style backups? No.
> >
> > Where does pg_start_backup()/stop fit?
>
> Good question :)
>
> Given that the integrated-base-backup would call it for you, that one
> would definitely get it automatically.
>
> Given that the latest discissions seem to have most people wanting the
> replication role *not* to be allowed to log in and run general SQL, we
> should not drive the start/stop backup permissions from that
> privilege.

So what your suggesting would actually defeat the purpose of having the
new privilege. Unless we trust in a new, untried method. Hmmm.

-- Simon Riggs           http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services