Re: WIP patch for parallel pg_dump

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: WIP patch for parallel pg_dump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> anwhile is X.
>
> Agreed.  Perhaps we need an anti-TODO that lists things we don't want in
> more detail.  The TODO has that for a few items, but scaling things up
> there will be cumbersome.

Well there is a problem with this too. A good example is hints. A lot of
the community wants hints. A lot of the community doesn't. The community
changes as we get more mature and more hackers. It isn't hard to point
to dozens of items we have now that would have been on that list 5 years
ago.

> I agree that having the person saying it was rejected find the email
> discussion is ideal --- if they can't find it, odds are the patch person
> will not be able to find it either.

I would have to agree here. The idea that we have to search email is bad
enough (issue/bug/feature tracker anyone?) but to have someone say,
search the archives? That is just plain rude and anti-community.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor