Re: BUG #5795: 9.0.2 PDF needs editing

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #5795: 9.0.2 PDF needs editing
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Excerpts from Leslie S Satenstein's message of lun dic 20 12:37:39 -0300 2010:

Hi,

> There are indications for where data and control files are located.
>
> Regarding document differences in the PDF and with Fedora/Debian.
>
> In Fedora, data is typically in different places from where the pdf document indicates.
> In Debian, likewise
>
> I will detail the differences between the PDF and what I find in my three environments (
> Centos, Fedora, Debian). I do not have UBUNTU setup but will do that later in next year.

Oh, I see your point.  The problem is that packagers can change the
location of files, and we don't try to match those alternative
locations.  We only document the canonical locations.  (Moreover, most
paths are user-configurable).