Re: Why don't we accept exponential format for integers?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Why don't we accept exponential format for integers?
Дата
Re: Why don't we accept exponential format for integers?  (Nathan Boley <npboley@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> > postgres=# select '1e+01'::Integer
> > postgres-# ;
> > ERROR:  invalid input syntax for integer: "1e+01"
>
> I have never heard of any programming system anywhere that accepts
> such
> a syntax for integers (assuming it distinguishes integers from other
> numbers at all).  I'm not excited about being the first.  Why does
> this
> error surprise you?  It doesn't seem particularly different from
> arguing
> that 1.000 should be considered an integer, which strikes me as a
> seriously bad idea.

Python 2.6.6 (r266:84292, Sep 15 2010, 16:22:56)
[GCC 4.4.5] on linux2
>>> print int(1e+01)
10

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

PostgreSQL.org Major Contributor

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Why don't we accept exponential format for integers?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Why don't we accept exponential format for integers?