Re: ps_status on fastpath

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: ps_status on fastpath
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of vie dic 17 12:41:06 -0300 2010:
> > I noticed that the fastpath code doesn't update ps_status, which would
> > be harmless except that it leads to "idle in transaction" being logged
> > in log_line_prefix for the command tag.
>
> > Are there objections to applying this?
>
> Hm, what about pgstat_report_activity()?

I wasn't sure about that, because of the overhead, but now that I look
at it, it's supposed to be cheaper than changing the ps_status in some
cases, so I guess there's no harm.

The other argument to support the case that this should be done is that
the docs suggest that you should use prepared statements instead, which
do have the reporting overhead.