Re: unlogged tables

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: unlogged tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2010-11-13 at 20:55 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> I think that would be a recipe for bugs.  Look at the three new macros
> I introduced.  If you keep relistemp around, then any code which
> relies on it is likely testing for one of those three things, or maybe
> even something subtly different from any of them, as in the cases
> where I needed to add a switch statement.  The way I see it, this is
> ultimately a four-level hierarchy

That argument isn't clear enough to avoid me agreeing so far with Tom
and Andrew that logged-ness is separate from temp-ness. As you say
though, it might be a recipe for bugs, so please explain a little more.

-- Simon Riggs           http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services