Re: timestamp with time zone tutorial

От Dennis Gearon
Тема Re: timestamp with time zone tutorial
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Good Idea Adrian!
     What I want is to be able to insert into my project's database, times given by anybody anywhere on the planet (the
SUBMITTER),add the appropriate timezone in the insert statement so that it in 'GMT/UMT' neutral'. I believe this is the
wayPostgres does it, storing times in GMT time.

     When I pull it out for anyone on the planet (for the QUERRIER), by their geographic location or address, I give
theSELECT statement the timezone  value of the QUERRIER and adjust it to the location of the QUERRIER also supplying
themthe time in the geographical location of the SUBMITTER.

> From: Adrian Klaver <aklaver@comcast.net>
<snip>