Re: Deadlocks caused by referential integrity checks

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Deadlocks caused by referential integrity checks
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Greg Stark <gsstark@mit.edu> writes:
> At least some versions of postgres ensure that constraint triggers will be
> executed in alphabetical order.

Only within a single event, though, so I don't think fooling with the
trigger names will do anything to resolve the sorts of problems people
are dealing with.

The most promising quick-fix I've heard suggested is to mark all the FK
constraints as deferred until end of transaction.  That would reduce the
time window in which the locks are held to a short interval and thus
make deadlocks less likely (not impossible, certainly, but less likely).