Re: Using regexp_replace to remove small words

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Using regexp_replace to remove small words
Дата
RES: Using regexp_replace to remove small words  ("Henrique de Lima Trindade" <henrique@vivver.com.br>)
Список pgsql-general
On fre, 2010-12-10 at 10:47 -0200, Henrique de Lima Trindade wrote:
> I'm trying to find a regular expression that removes all small (length < N)
> words from a string. But, until now I've not been successful.

Here is a start:

select regexp_replace('Tommy Lee Jones', $$\y\w{2,3}\y$$, ' ', 'g' );

If you want to normalize the spaces after the removal and handle
beginning and end of the word, you will need to expand this to cover
those cases, but the example should contain the key ingredients.