Re: BufFreelistLock

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BufFreelistLock
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Jim Nasby's message of jue dic 09 16:54:24 -0300 2010:

> Ideally, the clock sweep would be run by bgwriter and not individual backends. In that case it shouldn't matter much
whatthe performance of the sweep is. To do that I think we'd want the bgwriter to target there being X number of
bufferson the free list instead of (or in addition to) targeting how many dirty buffers need to be written. This would
mirrorwhat operating systems do; they strive to keep X number of pages on the free list so that when a process needs
memoryit can get it quickly.

Isn't it what it does if you set bgwriter_lru_maxpages to some very
large value?

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: initdb failure with Postgres 8.4.4
От: "BRUSSER Michael"
Сообщение: Re: initdb failure with Postgres 8.4.4