Re: Hot Standby btree delete records and vacuum_defer_cleanup_age

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Hot Standby btree delete records and vacuum_defer_cleanup_age
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2010-12-09 at 00:16 +0100, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> On 09.12.2010 00:10, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> > On 08.12.2010 16:00, Simon Riggs wrote:
> >> Heikki pointed out to me that the btree delete record processing does
> >> not respect vacuum_defer_cleanup_age. It should.
> >>
> >> Attached patch to implement that.
> >>
> >> Looking to commit in next few hours barring objections/suggestions, to
> >> both HEAD and 9_0_STABLE, in time for next minor release.
> >
> > Please note that it was Noah Misch that raised this a while ago:
> >
> > http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-11/msg01919.php
>
> On closer look, that's not actually the same issue, sorry for the noise..

Heikki, this one *is* important. Will fix. Thanks for the analysis Noah.

-- Simon Riggs           http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/books/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services

От: Simon Riggs
Сообщение: Re: Hot Standby btree delete records and vacuum_defer_cleanup_age