Re: pl/python improvements

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pl/python improvements
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On tis, 2010-12-07 at 20:17 +0100, Jan Urbański wrote:
> no, no patch(es) yet. I'm going through plpython.c trying as best I can
> to improve things there. I'll have a patch (or patches) ready for the
> January commitfest, but I thought I'd open up a discussion already to
> spare me having to redo features because the way I attacked the problem
> is a dead end. Be warned, this ended up being a very long email...

This all sounds very nice (especially since I had many of the same items
on my todo list to tackle after Christmas or so).  But I think this
would be massively simpler if you created a separate patch/branch/email
thread for each feature or change.

> The code is on https://github.com/wulczer/postgres, in the plpython
> branch. I'll be rebasing it regularly, so don't be surprised by commit
> hashes changing.

I think rebasing published repositories isn't encouraged.