Re: Per-column collation

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Per-column collation
Дата
Re: Per-column collation  (Alexandre Riveira <alexandre@objectdata.com.br>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On mån, 2010-12-06 at 10:01 -0800, David E. Wheeler wrote:
> I've been wondering if this patch will support case-insensitve
> collations. If so, then citext should probably be revised to use one.

This has been touch upon several times during the discussions on past
patches.

Essentially, the current patch only arranges that you can specify a sort
order for data.  The system always breaks ties using a binary
comparison.  This could conceivably be changed, but it's a separate
problem.  Some of the necessary investigation work has presumably
already been done in the context of citext.