Re: BUG #5774: VACCUM & REINDEX kills production environement

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #5774: VACCUM & REINDEX kills production environement
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Excerpts from Balamurugan Mahendran's message of lun nov 29 13:48:43 -0300 2010:
> Thanks, I'll remove it. But I still get down time because of Vacuum(table
> lock). Is there any other better way to do this? I don't mind to switch to
> bigger instance with more Hardware.

I wonder if you're doing something other than INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE that
causes the service to "block" in the presence of VACUUM.  Maybe your
application is trying to do ALTER TABLE too frequently (or something
else entirely), which *would* block.