Re: UNNEST ... WITH ORDINALITY (AND POSSIBLY OTHER STUFF)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: UNNEST ... WITH ORDINALITY (AND POSSIBLY OTHER STUFF)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Caleb.Welton's message of vie nov 19 15:48:06 -0300 2010:
> Note the standard also supports unnesting multiple arrays concurrently, the rule for handling arrays with different
lengthsis to use null padding of the shorter array.

> SELECT * FROM
>    UNNEST( ARRAY[5,2,3,4],
>            ARRAY['hello', 'world'] )
>    WITH ORDINALITY AS t(a,b,i);
>
> a     b     i
> ---   ---------- ------
> 5  'hello'  1
> 2  'world'  2
> 3           3
> 4           4
> (4 rows)

Hmm, this is pretty interesting and useful --- I had to deal with some
XPath code not long ago and I had to turn to plpgsql; I think it could
have been done with multi-array unnest.

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: how correctly detoast a Datum value?
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Latches with weak memory ordering (Re: max_wal_senders must die)