Re: ipv4 data type does not allow to use % as subnet mask delimiter

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: ipv4 data type does not allow to use % as subnet mask delimiter
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On sön, 2010-11-14 at 16:46 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > On tor, 2010-11-11 at 20:33 +0200, Andrus wrote:
> >> Windows uses % as subnet mask delimiter.
>
> > This is not a subnet mask but a zone index, but it should probably still
> > be supported.
>
> I believe we looked into that some time ago and decided that the
> behavior was too platform-dependent to be worth messing with.

I suppose the problem is that the zone identifier could be almost any
string, and storing that would upset the inet storage format.

Then again, this is part of the IPv6 standard, so just giving up might
not be sustainable in the long run.

Сообщение: Re: ipv4 data type does not allow to use % as subnet mask delimiter
Сообщение: Re: ipv4 data type does not allow to use % as subnet mask delimiter