Re: Weird quirk with pg_dump of complex types

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Weird quirk with pg_dump of complex types
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> writes:
> It seems like pg_dump tries fairly hard to make the output readable in
> the typical case. It does seem a little inconsistent that the list of
> types that make up another type don't follow the exact same rules;

Are you entirely sure that they don't?  Josh didn't provide enough
context to be sure, but I didn't see any clear proof in his example
that the type references were working any differently than they do
elsewhere in pg_dump.

The normal deal in pg_dump is that when dumping any given object,
the search path is set to that object's schema followed by pg_catalog.
So you will get a schema qualification for any reference to an object in
a different schema.  Also, there are certain standard data types that
are spelled in special ways because The SQL Standard Says So.

Сообщение: Re: Weird quirk with pg_dump of complex types
Сообщение: Re: Weird quirk with pg_dump of complex types