Re: SQL2011 and writeable CTE

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: SQL2011 and writeable CTE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On mån, 2010-11-08 at 10:34 +0900, Hitoshi Harada wrote:
> Hmm, this looks very different from our writeable CTEs. And I can see
> many issues like syntax ambiguity and execution order if we support
> it. AFAIK the most significant reason why we are working on CTEs is
> that CTEs are regarded as something like materialized table.
>
> So I think we are going on writeable "CTEs" unless there are no
> objection rather than pursuing the standard.

Well, I have not followed the "writable CTE" ongoings closely, but it
seems to me that

a) It is not very different at all.

b) Issues such as syntax ambiguity and execution order surely have a
resolution somewhere if you dig a bit deeper.

c) You will run into these issues anyway, even you use a different
syntax.

d) There are more issues lurking that you haven't thought of yet but the
SQL standards writers might have.

Сообщение: Re: proposal: plpgsql - iteration over fields of rec or row variable
Сообщение: Re: proposal: plpgsql - iteration over fields of rec or row variable