Re: could not [extend relation|write block N of temporary file|write to hash-join temporary file]

От Alessandra Bilardi
Тема Re: could not [extend relation|write block N of temporary file|write to hash-join temporary file]
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Tom Lane-2 wrote:

> Alessandra Bilardi <bilardi@cribi.unipd.it> writes:
>> ERROR:  could not write to hash-join temporary file: No space left on
>> device
>
> Check your queries.  I suspect you've written an incorrectly constrained
> join that is producing many more rows than you expect.
>
>             regards, tom lane

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Sorry, I reply only Tom Lane:

From: Alessandra Bilardi <bilardi@cribi.unipd.it>
To: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] could not [extend relation|write block N of temporary
file|write to hash-join temporary file]
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 11:23:55 +0200

Dear Tom,
I attach you the sql script and file.log and file.err obtain with command:
psql -d sgdlite < sgdlite_mart.sql > sgdlite_mart.log 2> sgdlite_mart.err
first server machine is:AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 244, 1790.535MHz, 1024MB
second server machine is:AMD Opteron(tm) Bi Processor 244, 1804.153MHz,
8192MB

I had "could not write to hash-join temporary file" one time with
second server machine.
Thanks for you help.
Regards,

Alessandra Bilardi