Re: plan time of MASSIVE partitioning ...

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: plan time of MASSIVE partitioning ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of vie oct 29 14:15:55 -0300 2010:
> I wrote:
> > This is going to be dominated by constraint exclusion checking.
>
> Hmm, maybe I spoke too soon.  With 9000 child tables I get a profile
> like this:
>
> samples  %        symbol name
> 447433   47.1553  get_tabstat_entry

Is there a reason for keeping the pgstat info in plain lists?  We could
use dynahash there too, I think.  It would have more palloc overhead
that way, though (hmm, but perhaps that can be fixed by having a smart
"alloc" function for it, preallocating a bunch of entries instead of one
by one).