Re: add label to enum syntax

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: add label to enum syntax
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Andrew Dunstan's message of mié oct 27 11:18:44 -0300 2010:

> The reason I chose LABEL was that it's consistent with what we have used
> elsewhere, both in the docs and the catalog. But I'm not strongly wedded
> to it. If it's a choice between ELEMENT and VALUE, I too prefer VALUE at
> it seems likelier to convey the sense of what we're doing to a naive user.

Wow, this must be the most difficult smallest thing I have ever seen
discussed in pg-hackers.  It doesn't seem like there are enough votes
in any particular direction.  Now *this* is proper bikeshedding.

Should we ask more openly in another thread, with a different, more
catchy subject?

And I just realized that my patch lacks psql tab completion support.