Re: BUG #5725: server couldn't start when installing on liveCD

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: BUG #5725: server couldn't start when installing on liveCD
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Excerpts from VMaury's message of lun oct 25 15:44:01 -0300 2010:

> This bug has been reported by someone else (in spanish):
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/postgresql-8.4/+bug/658857
>
> However, this install works perfectly once Ubuntu is installed.
> Why is there a difference between install and live?

Not as far as PostgreSQL is concerned.  You should probably take this up
with the Ubuntu packagers.  Perhaps it's a problem with the mount
options for the filesystem.

Hmm, my manpage says that open() could fail with EINVAL if O_DIRECT is
used and not supported by the filesystem.  We use O_DIRECT in some
wal_sync_method configurations.  Maybe the Ubuntu live is not getting
that flag right.

I think you should take this up with Martin Pitt, the packager.