Re: Extensions, this time with a patch

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Extensions, this time with a patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Alvaro Herrera's message of vie oct 22 17:02:22 -0300 2010:
> Excerpts from Dimitri Fontaine's message of vie oct 22 16:21:14 -0300 2010:

> > I'll go rework the patch sometime later to drop the name from the
> > control file, but that also means fixing several contrib modules by
> > changing their file names, operation for which the project has no policy
> > yet as far as I understand (we used CVS before).
>
> Change what file names?  You lost me there.  I thought the extension
> name was going to be equal to the control file name, and said control
> file doesn't exist yet, so you don't need to rename any existant file.
> Am I confusing something?

Hmm, after reading the latest blog post, it seems that the patch
requires that the control file is equal to the .sql install script.  Is
this the case?  I don't see a reason for this requirement; why not
simply have a line for the install script in the control file?  That
way, you don't need to rename the .sql files.