Re: knngist - 0.8

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: knngist - 0.8
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On mån, 2010-10-18 at 11:41 +0100, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:
> Paul Ramsey wrote:
>
> >> So what kind of data structure would you like for a typmod?
> >
> > I'm a primitive enough beast that just having 64-bits would make me
> > happy. As a general matter though, a bytea?

> For my vote, I'd prefer either the Oid of a custom type or an array of
> Oid, Datum pairs - i.e. something we can extend in the future if required.

I think if we really wanted to design this generally, we'd give a type
function arguments.  So, numeric would get (int default = 0, int default
= 0).  That can easily get very complicated, of course.

In any case, for the shorter term, it's clear that refactoring the
passing around of type + typmod would help this endeavor, so I'm going
to give it a try.