Re: No hash join across partitioned tables?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: No hash join across partitioned tables?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Excerpts from Samuel Gendler's message of lun oct 18 03:13:01 -0300 2010:
> On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Alvaro Herrera
> <alvherre@commandprompt.com>wrote:
>
> > Excerpts from Samuel Gendler's message of sáb oct 16 02:35:46 -0300 2010:
> >
> > > An issue with automatically analyzing the entire hierarchy is
> > > 'abstract' table definitions.  I've got a set of tables for
> > > storing the same data at different granularities of aggregation.
> > > Within each granularity, I've got partitions, but because the set
> > > of columns is identical for each granularity, I've got an abstract
> > > table definition that is inherited by everything.  I don't need or
> > > want statistics kept on that table because I never query across
> > > the abstract table, only the parent table of each aggregation
> > > granularity
> >
> > Hmm, I think you'd be better served by using LIKE instead of regular
> > inheritance.
>
> Yep.  I inherited the architecture, though, and changing it hasn't been a
> high priority.

I understand that; my point is merely that maybe we shouldn't work
through many hoops to solve this particular facet of the problem,
because it seems to be pilot error.  (If you really needed to avoid the
extra I/O that would be caused by unnecessary analyzes, you could turn
autovac off for the abstract tables).

Сообщение: Re: Help with duration of statement: EXECUTE [PREPARE: COMMIT]
Сообщение: Re: Help with duration of statement: EXECUTE [PREPARE: COMMIT]