Re: Extensions, this time with a patch

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Extensions, this time with a patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of sáb oct 16 19:52:27 -0300 2010:
> Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr> writes:
> > Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
> >> I think that's something that could be left for later, if not never.
>
> > That's very great news. I'm left with moving the bulk of the code away
> > from genfile.c and into postgres.c, and have the former be a user
> > callable shell around the later, I suppose. Right?
>
> Umm ... I fail to see why an extensions patch should be touching
> postgres.c at all, let alone injecting a large amount of code there.
> Whatever you're doing there probably requires some rethinking.

Hm, it was me that led him in that direction.  The original patch was
just copying a bunch of code from postgres.c into genfile.c, which
struck me as a worse proposition.

The intent here is to execute some code from the file directly inside
the server.

Eh, I realize now that the right way to go about this is to use SPI.