Re: Extensions, this time with a patch

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Extensions, this time with a patch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Dimitri Fontaine's message of vie oct 15 16:15:23 -0300 2010:
> Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri@2ndQuadrant.fr> writes:
> > So, you will find two new branches for those purposes at the repository,
> > named cfparser and pg_execute_from_file:
> >
> >   http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql-extension.git;a=summary
>
> I updated the pg_execute_from_file branch with documentation for the
> function, and added documentation (catalog, functions, custom classes)
> to the main feature branch too.
>
> The cfparser patch didn't change, the current version is still v1.

Hmm, did you try "make install" in contrib?  It fails for me in intagg:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/alvherre/Code/CVS/pgsql/build/HEAD/contrib/intagg'
/bin/mkdir -p '/pgsql/install/HEAD/share/contrib'
touch .control
test ! -f .control && echo "name = '' \nversion = '9.1'" > .control
make[1]: *** [.control] Error 1
make[1]: *** Deleting file `.control'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/alvherre/Code/CVS/pgsql/build/HEAD/contrib/intagg'
make: *** [install] Error 2

I also note that the .control file generation is not working as intended
for me -- the \n ends up verbatim in the generated files, not as a
newline.  It's probably easier to call echo two times.