Re: oracle to psql migration - slow query in postgres

От Tony Capobianco
Тема Re: oracle to psql migration - slow query in postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Thanks for all your responses. What's interesting is that an index is
used when this query is executed in Oracle.  It appears to do some
parallel processing:

SQL> set line 200
delete from plan_table;
explain plan for
select websiteid, emailaddress
  from members
 where emailok = 1
   and emailbounced = 0;

SELECT PLAN_TABLE_OUTPUT FROM TABLE(DBMS_XPLAN.DISPLAY());
SQL>
3 rows deleted.

SQL>   2    3    4    5
Explained.

SQL> SQL>
PLAN_TABLE_OUTPUT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Plan hash value: 4247959398

| Id  | Operation               | Name                   | Rows  | Bytes
| Cost (%CPU)| Time     |    TQ  |IN-OUT| PQ Distrib |

|   0 | SELECT STATEMENT        |                        |   237M|
7248M|   469K  (2)| 01:49:33 |        |      |            |
|   1 |  PX COORDINATOR         |                        |       |
|            |          |        |      |            |
|   2 |   PX SEND QC (RANDOM)   | :TQ10000               |   237M|
7248M|   469K  (2)| 01:49:33 |  Q1,00 | P->S | QC (RAND)  |
|   3 |    PX BLOCK ITERATOR    |                        |   237M|
7248M|   469K  (2)| 01:49:33 |  Q1,00 | PCWC |            |
|*  4 |     INDEX FAST FULL SCAN| MEMBERS_SORTED_IDX_001 |   237M|
7248M|   469K  (2)| 01:49:33 |  Q1,00 | PCWP |            |

PLAN_TABLE_OUTPUT

Predicate Information (identified by operation id):

   4 - filter("EMAILBOUNCED"=0 AND "EMAILOK"=1)

16 rows selected.

От: "Igor Neyman"
Сообщение: Re: oracle to psql migration - slow query in postgres
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Index scan / Index cond limitation or ?