Re: formula about the number of WAL files

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: formula about the number of WAL files
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Fri, 2010-10-15 at 19:44 +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:

> As the result of the above, the maximum number of WAL files in
> pg_xlog is
>
>     (2 + checkpoint_completion_target) * checkpoint_segments + 1
>
>     or
>
>     wal_keep_segments + checkpoint_segments + 1
>
> So the original description seems to be correct. Am I missing
> something?

After some thought, I agree.

> # My previous proposal is definitely wrong. Sorry for noise.

I'd say the definition of wal_keep_segments isn't good, which is what is
causing the problem here. Will sort that out another day.

I will update the current code with some comments, so this doesn't
happen again. Will do this on Tuesday now, no time left here.