Re: Documenting removal of nonnullvalue() and friends

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Documenting removal of nonnullvalue() and friends
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On tor, 2010-10-14 at 08:50 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> Still, I don't think it would be unreasonable to add a note to the
> prior-release documentation saying - hey, these functions exist.  They
> are for internal use only, and do not exist in later versions.  Don't
> use 'em.  Now, how many people will actually see that note?  Probably
> not many.  But it wouldn't bother me to have it there.

Just like there is a philosophical argument against changing the release
notes after the release, there is an argument against changing a past
release to "retroactively predict" how future releases behave.  We have
made exceptions to both points on occasion, but usually only for
critical upgrade-related issues.

Сообщение: Re: Documenting removal of nonnullvalue() and friends
Сообщение: Re: Documenting removal of nonnullvalue() and friends