Re: Why do we have a database specification in .pgpass?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Why do we have a database specification in .pgpass?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Bruce Momjian's message of mié oct 13 15:32:22 -0300 2010:
> We have a database specification in .pgpass:
>
>     hostname:port:database:username:password
>
> What is the purpose of 'database' since username/password combinations
> are global, not per database?  I would like to documents its purpose.

I think when I wrote it, I was hoping that the db_user_namespace thing
would be changed into a real per-database user implementation.  That
would have meant having different passwords depending on the database.