Re: Sync Replication with transaction-controlled durability

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Sync Replication with transaction-controlled durability
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2010-10-08 at 12:23 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:

> It seems like it would be more helpful if you were working on
> implementing a design that had more than one vote.  As far as I can
> tell, we have rough consensus that for the first commit we should only
> worry about the case where k = 1; that is, only one ACK is ever
> required for commit; and Greg Smith spelled out some more particulars
> for a minimum acceptable implementation in the second part of the
> email found here:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2010-10/msg00384.php

Robert,

I'm working on k = 1, as suggested by Josh Berkus and with whom many
people agree. It is a simple default behaviour that will be easy to
test.

Greg's proposal to implement other alternatives via a function is simply
a restatement of what I had already proposed: we should have a plugin to
provide alternate behaviours. We can add the plugin API later once we
have a stable committed version. I am happy to do that, just as I
originally proposed.

I don't believe it will be helpful to attempt to implement something
more complex until we have the basic version.

-- Simon Riggs           www.2ndQuadrant.comPostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services