Re: security hook on table creation

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: security hook on table creation
Дата
Re: security hook on table creation  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Robert Haas's message of mié oct 06 17:02:22 -0400 2010:
> 2010/10/5 KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>:

> > However, we also have a few headache cases.
> > DefineType() creates a new type object and its array type, but it does not
> > call CommandCounterIncrement() by the end of this function, so the new type
> > entries are not visible from the plugin modules, even if we put a security
> > hook at tail of the DefineType().
> > DefineFunction() also has same matter. It create a new procedure object,
> > but it also does not call CommandCounterIncrement() by the end of this
> > function, except for the case when ProcedureCreate() invokes language
> > validator function.
>
> So I guess the first question here is why it's important to be able to
> see the new entry.  I am thinking that you want it so that, for
> example, you can fetch the namespace OID to perform an SE-Linux type
> transition.  Is that right?

I'm not sure that there's any point trying to optimize these to the
point of avoiding CommandCounterIncrement.  Surely DefineType et al are
not performance-sensitive operations.

> Maybe we need a variant of InvokeObjectAccessHook that does a CCI only
> if a hook is present.

The problem I see with this idea is that it becomes a lot harder to
track down whether it ocurred or not for any given operation.