Re: Sync Rep at Oct 5

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Sync Rep at Oct 5
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2010-10-05 at 11:30 -0400, Steve Singer wrote:

> Will read-only queries running on a slave hold up transactions from
> being applied on that slave?   I suspect that for most people running
> with 'apply' they would want the answer to be 'no'.  Are we going to
> revisit the standby query cancellation discussion?

Once we have a feedback channel from standby to master its a simple
matter to add some feedback to avoid many query cancellations.

That was the original plan for 9.0 but we changed from sync rep to
streaming rep so late in the cycle that there was no time to do it that
way.

-- Simon Riggs           www.2ndQuadrant.comPostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training and Services